Thursday, January 21, 2010

questions for pastor's wives

So, I came across a little blog today and she posed a couple of questions for pastor's wives, but they are really relevant to any conversation.

1.Do you have or have you had a mentor and/or do you plan to do any mentoring?

I have never had a ministry mentor....goodness knows I could have used one! I do try to be a mentor when the situation arises, and would certainly hope that one day I can do this on a more active basis. I have certainly had mentors in my life that shaped me into the person that I am today. The one I remember the most was, of course, a teacher. Mrs. Lynn Lewis whom I adored! I still love her for all that she did for me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 6th grade. She was also our neighbor, and she became my friend.

2.
Did you know you were marrying a preacher/pastor?

For me, the question is really did HE know that he was going to be a pastor. The answer is NO, but I did know that I would marry a pastor. Did I understand what that meant? haha....refer to question/answer #1. It wasn't until a lot of soul searching that he found his true calling, and even though he tried to run, and has even once run since......we always come back to the vocation of God's choice. It ain't easy, but it's the only way for true happiness for us.

So, what about you? If you aren't a pw, have you ever had a mentor?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Patty! Thanks for stopping by!! We too have tried, at times, to run from this calling, but there's no joy outside of God's will! Funny that we wives sometimes know things before our hubbies! lol

    Feel free to stop by http://leadingandlovingit.wordpress.com to join pastor's wives virtual chats. The next one is in February!! They are encouraging!!

    You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete