Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the long way home by andrew klavan

The Long Way Home by Andrew Klavan is the second in the The Homelanders series. It tells the story of Charlie West who has been convicted of murdering his best friend. Charlie doesn't remember what has happened, only knows that someone is hunting him; and he and his friends want to know why! They attempt to get to the bottom of this mystery.

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about The Long Way Home by Andrew Klavan when it arrived in the mail. I love picture books, but don't always find young adult fiction to be that riveting. I found this book to be okay. I liked the storyline, and the way it peaked my interest; but wasn't so sure about the "language" because, while I did find it to be authentic, I didn't find it to very engaging. I think it is an excellent choice for young adults who like to read. I'm especially taken with the fact that it will appeal to the older set of teenage readers whose choices thus far have been far too juvenile. I do plan to order the first book so that I can read these in a series as intended, and then get the third on in November when it becomes available. They are worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment