Tuesday, June 2, 2009

service

Before I even begin this post, I HAVE to get something off my chest..................

MY INTERNET IS WAY TOO SLOW!
THEY CALL THIS HIGH-SPEED
BROADBAND?
TO THAT I SAY.............
PA-SHAW!
Okay, I sorta feel better.
Now onto service. Our vacation Bible school this year has a service "piece" attached to it. The theme is Studio Go! meaning go tell the Good News. I am in charge of the service. Why? Because I believe that is the reason we are here. To Serve........To Obey.........
So, I have been trying to think of ways to teach the kids that we are to serve others and in doing so, we will show God's love and He will shine through us. I am planning on doing three nights of local service, and two nights of service that will involve foreign missions. We have to reach beyond our four walls to the community if we want others to know that we love them.
The Bible says in Act 1:8:
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
If we are Christians or Christ-followers, then the Holy Spirit has already come upon us. It's time to stop sitting back and waiting for someone else to do what we are called to do! We MUST show love because God is love. We are to take care of the people in our church, yes, but we are commanded to go out into the community to serve as well as the rest of the world. I want the kids to learn this concept through a variety of ways. Perhaps if the kids learn it and begin to practice it, adults will follow : ) Wouldn't that be something??

No comments:

Post a Comment