Tuesday, June 29, 2010

book review

Radio personality, Jim Fate, dies when a fatal gas is sent to him through a package in the mail. The "triple threat club" consisting of Nicole, Allison, and Cassidy each with a unique perspective and job are on the case! Hand of Fate by Lis Wiehl is a craftily written book. From the first page to the last, I was captivated with the plot and couldn't wait to get to the end to find out who the killer was, and boy was I surprised!

The book reminds the reader of the consequences that come from within our own country when we ignore issues and social problems. I cannot say more than that without giving it away, but suffice it to say that it may require you to rethink some of your political positions.

I did keep looking for clues that I was reading "christian fiction". I wouldn't classify is as such, and had to keep reminding myself that Thomas Nelson was the publisher. There was nothing overtly wrong with the book--no language or other issues--but the book could certainly be classified as simply, realistic fiction. I would recommend this book.

Thomas Nelson provided this book for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment