Monday, August 31, 2009

my call

I am involved in a Bible study for minister's wives right now, and yesterday we discussed the "call" of the ministry. My call came before I ever met Steve. I knew in college that God was calling me to serve Him, I just didn't know in what capacity. Of course, most people immediately think foreign missions, and I was no exception.

It's funny to think about that now, because, let's face it................I do not like bugs, rodents, snakes, dirty water or conditions, lice, and the list goes on and on. I also am a picky eater (so perhaps I would have been thin!), and I had a small child to think about. I cannot really imagine any place God would have placed me that I would have actually gone or been happy in. I am not that sacrificial!

Life went on and I met Steve. I then knew exactly what I was suppose to do..........be a preacher's wife...........only, Steve didn't know he was suppose to be a preacher. He was an engineer, and he was pretty happy about it. Thus, began a three year journey/battle with God about this "calling".

Life as a preacher's wife ain't all it's cracked up to be! Sometimes, it's way more, but it certainly isn't the life I expected it to be. Church folk can be brutal, but they can also bring so much joy to your life when you truly learn to love them through the eyes of Christ. I long to love them more and more, just as they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment