Saturday, August 15, 2009

it's over

Well, the summer break is officially over. So sad. For Luke and me that means starting back to class on Monday. I'll be taking two classes this semester--one on reference resources in the library and the other on curriculum. For me, the end is in sight--four classes to go and I will be complete--at least for a little while. I must find a job before I get anymore educated! haha

For Luke, that means the start of his LAST year in middle school--an 8th grader. Whew-where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that we were dropping him off at Southside Elementary in Shelbyville, TN for his first day of kindergarten.

So, since the summer is officially over, I thought I'd share a few of our favorite moments in pictures.....................
At the Miracle Theater with one of the characters in Pigeon Forge, TN. The kids have on their shirts from Southern Seminary that says "covenant" in Hebrew. They were a conversation starter for sure!
The view from our room in North Myrtle Beach, SC. We had a very relaxing few days there!





On our last day at the beach, Stevie got and learned how to do henna tattoos.



Stevie turned 18 and graduated from high school.











And while you can't tell it here, Luke did get his braces off and has beautiful, straight teeth! Looking forward to making many new memories this fall--my favorite time of the year--and planning to be oh, so much more intentional with the camera use!

No comments:

Post a Comment