Saturday, May 1, 2010

update on 10 in 2010

I've been thinking about doing this, and then my friend Janet beat me to it! So, I thought I'd once again take my inspiration from her and update my 10 in 2010 list. It's May and before I know it June will be here and there won't be a whole lotta time for blogging what with Luke out of school and traveling to do.

So, without further ado, here's my update (in red):


1. Lose 50 pounds....yes, I know I need to lose more, but hey, gotta start somewhere : ) Okay, so this isn't going so well. What I really need to know is... Is there a 12-step program for foodaholics?? I desperately need one.

2. Get a job...and not just any job! I want my own library, but I'll settle for my own classroom. Again, not going so well. Just gonna let the Lord handle this one.

3. GRADUATE.....on target for May, 2010 but it ain't gonna be easy. YEAH...finally one that I made it through. Consider me graduated!!

4. Become an affiliate Secret Agent........remember that website? Although, I am thinking about branching out on my own with a different "secret" name and infusing some Jesus into it. There's been NO time for this. So, it's still on my agenda.

5. Make 6 new friends.....I need some local friends, people........... I've made 2 girlfriends so far...Thank goodness for Lori and Jodie!

6. Read the Bible more. Yea, I know you think the resident PW sits and reads it ALL the time, but I am just like you........sometimes LIFE gets in the way! The truth ain't always pretty.Doing much better on this front. Only being close to God could have pulled me through.

7. Go and visit all of those Facebook friends that I've reconnected with............yes, that means you, Janet!! Can't wait to see some of them in TN this month!! Just realized I didn't answer this one.....and had the answer to #6 here instead. So, still haven't visited Janet, but I intend to do that before the end of the summer! Hang in there, Janet!!

8. Collect a ton of change in my Christmas jar.....which I am already looking forward to giving away. I have change collected, but haven't transferred it to the jar. I think I'm gonna read the book again and gather my motivation.

9. Give more of my time away........I'm pretty selfish with it, and I know others really need it more. Again, not much time for this one. Now that school is over, my time will belong to others again.

10. Take a 20th anniversary trip with my husband without letting anything get in the way. (easier said than done!)Well, we took a celebratory trip (which you should have already read about), but I do hope we can do something a little better later in the year.

So, all-in-all, not too bad......considering.

1 comment: