Thursday, November 19, 2009

what would you want to do

I'm sitting here watching Dr. Quinn and this episode is about the townspeople thinking the world is about to end. So, if you knew the world was coming to an end tomorrow, what would you want to do today?

Me? I'd gather my people together to talk and snuggle. We'd talk about all the things that make us family.......laughter, tears, regrets, accomplishments, and the list goes on and on. We wouldn't spend too much time on regrets, though, because that can make a person crazy! I'd memorize their faces so that when we all got to heaven, I'd know them even if they looked different (because, ya know....the Bible says we will all be made new and I intend to be thin!) I'd rejoice in the fact that all five of us know Jesus as our personal Savior and will be able to spend eternity with Him.

Then, I'd call all of those that I know to make sure that they were going to join us in heaven. I would hope that in the face of certain death, people would be willing to listen. It's sad that they aren't willing to listen today...because we do face an uncertain future. One without hope if you don't know Jesus, and I cannot image living like that. Without. Hope. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Lastly, we would go to Bruester's, our favorite ice cream place, and get a ginormous amount of whatever flavor we wanted and eat and share some more. You know, since we don't know if today is our last day, what are we waiting for? I think I'll stop blogging for the night and go memorize some faces............and share some laughs with some of my favorite peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment