Saturday, November 14, 2009

praxis

Well, today I hoisted my body up from the bed at the too early start time of 6. I had to get to Columbia to take the first of three tests that I must pass in order to be "the graduated one" and to be certified to earn some moola. There are rules when taking such a test, and some people do not know how to follow said rules....or I'm going to call them commandments!

  1. Thou shalt not barf during said important test.
  2. Thou shalt not wear a noisy windsuit and then proceed to shuffle furiously around in it during said important test.
  3. Thou shalt oil the doors to classroom when said important test is going on.
  4. Thou shalt not disturb everyone in the room by coming in and out of haunted house sounding door.
  5. Thou shalt not discuss barfing mentioned in #1 with an outside administrator.
  6. Thou shalt not sprinkle foul-smelling stuff to cover odor of foul-smelling barf.

So, let me expound!
  • Yes, someone barfed in the room while the test was going on. TWICE.
  • Yes, a BIG man wore a windsuit and Lord only knows what he was doing when he abruptly got up in said suit shuffled to the administrator, talked to her (think BIG man.....does not whisper), shuffled out of the room, shuffled back into the room, sat down and proceeded to take off noisy wind jacket and shuffle it around looking for something.
  • The door sounded like one of those creaky doors inside a haunted house. And it opened and closed at least 50 times (not kidding).
  • Another test administrator was summoned when the barfing commenced and it was discussed right next to my desk which was right next to creaky door.
  • Our test administrator sprinkled that fruity-smelling stuff (teachers....you know what I'm talking about) over the barf. I wonder....did anyone clean that up? I, thank goodness, was not near the barfing....I'll take the noisy man any day!
So, not a pleasant experience. On top of that, I don't think I did very well....go figure! Well, at least if I have to take the test again, what are the odds of this happening again?

No comments:

Post a Comment