Friday, November 27, 2009

thanksgiving

The holiday has technically come and gone. The viddles have been eaten, the movie has been watched, and the sale papers have been sorted for our shopping trip that will begin in about 2 hours. But, I didn't get a chance to write what I am thankful for. As I get older, my list just keeps getting longer, but I'll try not to bore you.

* that my saint of a husband got up early while I was still sleeping to snag a paper at Wal-Mart so we would have the sale papers to peruse. After doing this, he came home and cooked a delicious meal before helping me map out a plan for the morrow.

* that even though we were totally bummed that Shea was not here with us, she did have some friends to share the day.

* that two short weeks from now this semester will be over and there will only be one left to go. hip-hip-hooray!

* that while we are total opposites, my brother and I get along and that he has a precious family to love him.

* that God, in his infinite grace, sees fit to use us daily for His work. That is a tremendous blessing to us.

I hope that today you reflected on those you love and the things for which you are thankful. I could go on and on. I wonder sometimes why I am so blessed while others are less fortunate. We don't have lots of money or many things, but we have the important blessings........family, friends, health, and eternal salvation. God Bless and be safe shopping:)

No comments:

Post a Comment