Sunday, August 15, 2010

these are a few of my favorite things

And, Yep! Sound of Music is one of them......

However, I have some new favorite things to share.......

VivaBeads
These beads are made of clay and hand-painted. The jewelry is great, and not that expensive. I just bought this to carry my school keys on. I really want a couple of the necklaces and rings (Christmas, maybe? hint, hint, Steve!)

World Craft Village

WorldCrafts is a collection of unique and beautiful handmade items from around the world. These high quality products are fairly traded items, which means they are produced under non-exploitative conditions by artisans who are paid a fair wage.

When you purchase WorldCrafts, you join with other caring people to provide income, improved self-esteem, and hope to artisans living in poverty. 



I especially love this tote which also comes with wooden handles.

Take One
This is a new series from Karen Kingsbury, Take One, Two, Three, and Four. Sadly, I am on the last one, and the next book continuing with these characters doesn't come out until next year.



You can, of course, purchase these at amazon.com or get them free at your public library!

Watoto Children's Choir
We were privileged enough to hear this choir while at the SBC this year. They are amazing, and their story more so.

1 comment:

  1. Love me some Karen Kingsbury books as well! Can't wait for Take Four... I HATE waiting for the next books :) <3 Kendra

    ReplyDelete