Saturday, August 21, 2010

my recent red lobster experience

What's up with customer service these days? I mean, IT.IS.NO.MORE. Gone are the days of "thank you", "come back soon" or "can I get you some more water?".

Steve and I went to lunch yesterday since I was off and all. We drove up Two Notch looking for some place to eat that would strike our fancy. Finally, I said that I could always eat at Red Lobster and be happy, so we pulled in and got ready to chomp down on some yummy seafood.

We waited several minutes for the server to come and get our drink orders.....it was very difficult, two waters...one with lemon, one without. She brought them back, took our food order, and we commenced our conversation thinking all was gonna be good! Oh, how naive we were.......

Our food came, and I do have to say that it was yumm-o. 


But, does seafood make you exceptionally thirsty? It does me... which is why I drink water when I go there. 
Our server didn't really care that we were thirsty. About 1/3 of the way through the meal, she finally glanced our way long enough for us to choke out that we needed some water. She brought us ONE glass....presumably for us to share. But, being the good wife that I am....I chugged it all down, not realizing we were suppose to stick both of our straws into it and sip while making googly eyes over it like at a fountain shop.  

Fast forward to 1/2 way through our meal and we are both out of water again. I begin to watch our server and the restaurant manager. Our server had two other tables besides ours--actually right across from ours. She spent an inordinate amount of time waiting on their needs. She came to the one booth about six times in the course of ten minutes to bring them things she needed and never ONE time even looked over her shoulder at us to see if we needed something--much less ask! She fiddled around in the kitchen, talked to a few other employees, came back to see if her other two tables were okay, while still never coming to check on us!

Finally, as the saltiness of the shrimp I was eating was drying my tongue out, I picked up my water glass and went to the bathroom and filled it up out of the fountain. Desperate times call for desperate measures. As I was heading that way, I passed her taking food to....yep, you guessed it....one of the other two tables! When I came out of the bathroom, there she finally stood...taking Steve's plate away. Did she ask if we needed something? NO! Did she see my glass in my hand now full of water?  YES! Did she give a crap? NO!!

This has to be the WORST service I have received at a Red Lobster ever. Or seriously, at any restaurant ever!

Had I know that Red Lobster valued their water so highly, I would have brought in my own bottled water. At least, that way, I wouldn't have left thirsty....something I find inexcusable at any restaurant!

Ahhhhh.....well, my days of going to that particular Red Lobster are over.

In case you are wondering, I did speak to the manager, briefly. I was so angry that I knew I would create a scene if I said too much. When we got home, I did shoot off an email about this not-so-stellar experience to their corporate "guest relations". I may get over it, I may not. They are suppose to be sending me a letter from "guest relations"....seriously hope that is better than their service.....and if I'm still not pleased, I will call the corporate office.

I'm tired of giving my money to places that don't appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! Customer service doesn't exist any more. And when we complain there's something wrong with us.

    ReplyDelete