Monday, April 12, 2010

forget me not

Do you like a mystery? I do. I love being caught up in it the moment I open a book and having the tale spun around like a thread on a spool. Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze is like that. The story begins with someone being strangled by someone unnamed. It continues throughout with characters interwoven into each other's lives without the reader being able to discern who belongs to whom. It does come apart a little in the middle, but the author is able to draw it together again rather quickly for the dramatic conclusion.

The story revolves around Crossroads Crisis Center where Benjamin Brandt along with his staff works. His wife and son have been murdered, and all of a sudden a look-a-like springs forth with an unfolding drama of her own. There are connections between the two women, and the situation soon becomes deadly as they begin to piece together the puzzle. Lives need to be saved and hearts need to heal. Can all of this happen before the killer gets too close?

I had never read anything by Vicki before. I rapidly became a fan! Her writing style and voice created for me a story that was both believable and engrossing. Vicki Hinze has written 23 novels, 3 non-fiction books, and hundreds of articles. I think we can find something by her to read!

This book was provided by Waterbrook Multnomah. If you would like to purchase a copy, go to randomhouse.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment