Wednesday, April 28, 2010

are you my mother?

Do you remember reading this as a child or perhaps reading it to your children? Of course, it's about a little bird who goes in search of its mother, asking all the wrong kinds of animals, until it finds just the right one. I love this book, and I loved reading it to my kids and assuring them that I loved them and would always be their mom.

I've been thinking a lot about the child that God has already chosen to join our quirky little family (DSS thinks they are in charge--HA!). I can't seem to get him or her off my mind. I wonder if he/she lies in bed at night wondering who will step into the mother role. I wonder if he/she is still grieving for the parent that was unable to do the job. I wonder if tonight, that kid went to bed thinking nobody lived him/her.

My heart is breaking that I have a child out there who is hurting, and I can't make it okay. Will I ever be able to make it okay? Will the love we have to give be enough?

God continues to confirm--even when I doubt--that this is the very important thing we are to do. So, I know that He is comforting a child somewhere who is desperately seeking and asking...Will you be my mother?

For now though, my little one, wherever you are.........know that you are being prayed for and remember:

Psalm 68: 3-5
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.
Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds-- his name is the LORD-- and rejoice before him.A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment