Wednesday, September 8, 2010

faithful

I originally went to booksneeze.com to order one of the new Max Lucado books that they had sent an email to me about because, you know, I love Max. However, when I got there, intent on getting his newest children's book to review, I saw that Lo! and Behold! there was actually a christian fiction book available although not by Max.

I ordered it straight away, and I am so glad that I did. In today's christian literary world, with books like, Radical by David Platt; Crazy Love by Frances Chan; and Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado I would have never thought that I would stumble across a book that preaches faith the way this little book did. And, oh boy was it GOOD!

I couldn't put it down....which these days is saying something since I literally have no time to read! (I know, I know...weird for a librarian!) This book, Faithful by Kim Cash Tate focuses on marriage and relationships while remaining faithful to God and His widsom during the rough times. And, there were some rough times. I loved all of the characters and hated when the book was over and I had to say good-bye. I need me a sequel, y'all! It was THAT good.

This book deals with real-life issues in a way that will have you laughing and crying all in the same chapter. The picture on the cover of the book depicts various colors of roses which is used very prominently in the book to show the progression of courtship and marriage and God's great design for that. The book is powerful, with a great message, and is an asset to the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment