Thursday, February 3, 2011

another appointment

and still no diagnosis. I went to see the rhuemotologist yesterday. He was great, and we really liked him. However, he wasn't able to find a definitive problem as of yet. For now, I am on a two week regimen of prednisone, which I am not that happy about. He took some x-rays and some blood, and we will discuss the blood work when I return on March 1. I have an increased ANA which is an antibody that basically makes your body fight against itself. Yea! So, right now, while certainly far from sure he is considering that it might be lupus. We will have to wait and see what the blood work shows and what the prednisone does for me.

I know that I haven't been blogging much. Whatever this illness is that I have, it is at this time, manifesting itself in exhaustion. I am just tired all the darn time. So, I stay away from the blogging world because I feel so guilty for not posting anything, but I honestly just don't have the energy to type most of the time.

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you today and wondering if you had an update. Thanks for keeping us posted. Definitely lifting you up and will pray especially for physical strength and energy. And answers SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a strong lady and whatever it is I know you'll deal with it. Keep us updated and don't worry about feeling tired, that's normal, having energy would be suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness just catching up in the blog world. Praying for you sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete