Monday, December 6, 2010

December so far

Well, December is finally here, and with it--some cold weather for SC. After enduring 10 months of summer down here, winter has finally shown up. I was having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit with it being so hot, but just in time for our annual open house, the weather decided to cool.......and not too soon for me!

Our open house was a huge success even though I have not one single picture of it. I was actually able to talk to our guests this year because we learned a valuable lesson last year in traffic flow! We had a great crowd, and yummy food (I'm just guessing about the yummy part since I didn't get any!). Our sweet church people brought us some really cute things...totally unnecessary, but certainly appreciated! It's always nice to look at something and remember who gave it to you....it's a nice reminder that you are loved, and it gives you the opportunity to say a quick prayer for them, too.

We also went to a couple of parties over the weekend with more to come this weekend. It's just a partying season round these parts. This coming Saturday Luke is in  two parades, so guess what we will be doing! Yep, drinking hot chocolate standing in the cold for the band to walk by so we can shout and wave like idiots making them know we love all of them.

I have just about finished up our shopping. I've had so much fun this year doing that. I love local shops, though, and I think next year is going to be all about the local fare. I love giving small businesses MY business.

I think that's about it for now.....busy week ahead. We are reading Sugar Cookies in the library this week and decorating cookies AND Santa (Steve dressed in a suit)  is coming to take a picture with all of the kids as well. I am sure to be worn out by Friday.

Please keep me in your prayers next Monday as I travel to Charleston to see an oncologist there. Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this platelet issue soon and our adoption can once again be the focus around here. Honestly, I feel fine. You'd think if something were truly wrong, I'd have some kind of symptom by now. So, I know God is in control and am just trying not to think about it.

Enjoy your week!!

1 comment:

  1. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete