Friday, December 24, 2010

trivia part 2

Okay, people, get into the spirit and let me hear from you!!

1.  Wrapping paper or gift bags?  I use both, but I prefer bags or boxes that don't actually have to be wrapped.

2.  Real tree or artificial?  When we were first married we always had a live tree just as I did as a kid. However, after Stevie ate one of the pine needles, and Steve realized he was allergic to them I relented and now we have artificial always. I like the pre-lit one because of the convenience, but they have been a pain over the last year or so with bulbs burning out. I wonder if I bought an expensive one if we would have that problem......probably, it is us after all!

3.  When do you put up the tree? We always put it up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Usually we are having an open house pretty soon after that, and I need to start decorating asap.

4.  When do you take the tree down? Generally, New Year's Day. We will be out of town this year, though so I guess we will get it down pretty soon that next week. I am usually ready to have my house back to normal by then.

5.  Do you like eggnog? GROSS!

6.  Favorite gift received as a child? I honestly cannot remember, but I loved, loved, loved Barbies so probably something to do with that.

7.  Hardest person to buy for? Steve--by far. He's not really that hard to buy for, but he is horrible to surprise. Like this year, he knows everything he is getting. I think I have been successful ONE year out of 21!

8.  Easiest person to buy for? Both of my girls, but especially Stevie. She likes everything and is not afraid of new things. She generally has a short list, but I always find things I want to get for her so I have to play catch up with the other two. However, we solved that problem this year by putting an amount on their gifts. When the money ran out,  we stopped buying.

9.  Do you have a nativity scene? I have several, and do you know that I do not have a single one out this year. Horrible..... a parsonage with no nativity!

10.  Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...email is so impersonal. I am usually pretty good about getting my cards out right after Thanksgiving, but this year several of my cards did not make it out (Sorry, Janet!) and they were so cute.

11.  Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Again, I can't think of anything specific. You know, they say the mind is the first to go!

12.  Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life, Family Man, Mrs. Miracle, Miracle on 34th Street.....I like Christmas movies!

13.  When do you start shopping for Christmas? black Friday, usually. I use to get it all done by Sept., but that was in the days of old. Now, I don't usually start until BF.

14.  Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

15.  Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? peanut butter balls

16.  Lights on the tree, colored or clear? clear

17.  Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18.  Travel at Christmas or stay at home? both.....we are always home on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, though.

19.  Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes

20.  Angel, star or ribbon on top of the tree? I've had all three and this year I have a star and I really like it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment