Saturday, February 27, 2010

a mouse story

Over on another blog I read, Emily has been telling her tales of mice in their MS. parsonage (that's a house owned by the church). Some of her stories are hilarious (like the one for today), but some have made me shudder. You see, I HATE mice. When I say that I HATE them, that is really too kind. Some of her stories, literally, gave me nightmares. I don't want the little boogers ANYWHERE NEAR me. NO WHERE in my vicinity! Get the picture?

Well, when we lived in the country, we had mice. Actually twice that we've lived in the country we've had them. This story is from our GA days..........those KY days? Well, I'm still trying to get over the mice there so I cannot speak of them.

One night, after Steve and I went to bed, we heard this noise. Couldn't figure out what it was, just kept hearing, rattlerattlerattle, rattlerattlerattle, over and over. Finally, I told him to get up and see what was going on. During this time, you see, little miss Stevie liked to get out of bed and make herself food (she was all of about 4), so we thought it was just her.

Steve stumbles out of bed and into the dining room where the noise was, and ALLOFASUDDEN- I hear a yell! Scared me to death........almost put me into labor (I was pregnant with Luke). Steve comes running back into the bedroom and says that something ran over his foot. Of course, I don't want it to come running into my bedroom so I tell him to get back out there and find it! So, he ventures out again and this time turns on the light (novel idea, I know!). What does he see? A mouse with one foot trapped running around trying to free itself from the trap. We had set out some of those inhumane traps (you know the kind!) and it had gotten caught and Steve just happened to get in the way of its escape so it just scampered over him (gives me CHILLS). Steve did catch it and fling it outside. I'm pretty sure that it had a heart attack as it was flying through the air. EWWWWWW. I have plenty of other stories, but I just don't find them funny. Mice are gross. This one, we've laughed about for years now; although had I been the one the mouse had scampered over, it wouldn't have been nearly as funny :0)

1 comment:

  1. I loathe mice so much and could probably write a novel with all the church manse stories ewwww so gross!

    I make my hubby get up too :)

    ReplyDelete