Monday, January 10, 2011

the pirate queen--a review

Sephora is a nurturing character who stayed far too long with a philandering husband. When she finally begins to leave, she is given news that rocks her. Her husband is dying, and he wants her with him. This is a story that deals with many "hot" topics of today and how she deals with them. It is also the story of her family and neighbors and how they begin to explore who God really is.

This book will keep you guessing until the very last page. It is engaging and page-turning. It is emotional and thought-provoking which is a good thing because a great story should keep you thinking long after it is over. I had never read any books by Patricia Hickman, but will going forward. I love finding an author that can keep my attention with an intriguing storyline.

disclaimer: This book was provided to me by Waterbrook Multnomah Blogging for Books program. I was not compensated for this review nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment