Sunday, July 19, 2009

NYC day 1

We left around 9:30 Wed. morning on an Air Tran flight out of Atlanta, and I must say that it really was the smoothest flight I have ever been on. I wasn't nervous at all--it could have been that the people around me were talkative, and I didn't have time to think about how high up in the air we were! I really HATE flying.......I don't know how I am going to go anywhere far away if I don't get over this.

We stayed at the Park Central Hotel across from Carnegie Hall on 7th Ave. Times Square is about 6 blocks down the street, so not a bad walk (unless you've walked all day long and it is muggy). After checking in, we headed out for lunch at the Carnegie Deli. Can I just say that ticket shock DOES. NOT. COVER. the way I felt when I looked at the menu. Really, who pays $23 for a SANDWICH??????? Not this gal. Luckily, neither does Julie so we shared (ours was actually only! $16) I had never had beef brisket, but it was rather tasty. The cheesecake, on the other hand, was DE.LI.CI.O.US (and, yes, I know that's a website!!).

After lunch, we purchased tickets on the double decker bus which I was opposed to at first, but ended up loving! It takes you on a tour all around the city and the buroughs so that you can get a feel for where you are versus where you want to go. We got the hop on, hop off two-day tickets, and it was really a fabulous purchase. After our bus tour, we headed down to see Wicked. I had seen it in Atlanta, but wanted to experience it on Broadway. Honestly, I enjoyed the performance at the Fox in Atlanta better, but there's just something about Broadway!

After the show, we had dinner at a little seafood place, The Oyster Bar, which was really good (another expensive meal) but, I can stand it a little more when it's seafood I'm eating!

Afterwards, Julie and I explored Times Square (yes, it was about midnight at this point). Let me just say, SCARY! Enjoy the pics from day one or some of them, and check back tomorrow for day two. (okay, well blogger is acting ridiculous --or maybe it's my old computer, but I'll put pics up tomorrow :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment