Saturday, November 20, 2010

harry potter

I know a lot of people, pastors especially, don't like Harry Potter and the story. However, we do. Thus, we found ourselves at the midnight (actually 12:20) showing Thursday night/Friday morning. I had planned to take a nap when I got home from work so that I could actually stay awake through the entire movie, but when I got home I had 3 extra teenagers in my house so that was not to be. I just stayed out of their way like normal and went about my business, but that didn't include the nap!

After they left, it was almost time to go and get Stevie from her class, so still no nap. However, we did finally make our way to the theater where we sat/stood in line for about 3 hours until they let us in. Now, if you haven't ever been to a midnight premiere of a movie, let me tell you, it is something to behold. Because, the most avid fans are the ones who come out that late! Yes, there were people in costumes.....grown men with their wands (weird, huh?) girls dressed up like Luna Lovegood and Hermione......but my favorite ones were the 5 college boys who came dressed up as.........(DRUM ROLL, PLEASE)........

BATMAN! I think they got confused!

The movie is pretty good, although I think it was about 30 minutes too long since it has some slow places. Of course, the whole point of this movie is building up for the last movie in the series coming in July. But, all-in-all, a pretty good flick. And, yes, we've already seen it again....although this time at the $2.00 theater (gotta love that price!) considering we paid $11.25 for the other one.

So, what's your take on HP?

No comments:

Post a Comment