Friday, December 18, 2009

christmas cookies


Every year when the holiday season starts, I fancy myself getting out the baking supplies, baking all different types of wonderfully beautiful cookies, and wrapping them in pretty tins to deliver to all of those unsuspecting folks who need a pick-me-up. Generally, this fantasy lasts about 30 minutes, and then I remember that I don't cook!

I did this year actually make it to the store to purchase the supplies for a few varieties of cookies, and even got some of them mixed up. They weren't necessarily pretty, but they did get made (although I cheated and only did the no-baking type and Steve and Stevie were invaluable in the process), wrapped them up in small boxes, and delivered them to unsuspecting folks (read....people who don't know that I don't cook!). I thought I'd share a recipe for a couple of these things so those of you out there who are like me, can fancy themselves "homey" for a day or two as well.

Oreo balls (or as my brother calls them "crack" balls)

18 Oreos
1 pkg of cream cheese
white chocolate

Crush oreos ( I used my hands b/c I couldn't get the food processor put together)
Mix with cream cheese
Roll into small balls
Put in refrigerator for 2 hours
Dip in chocolate
Let chocolate dry
Eat or give away (I don't like these, so it's easy for me to give them away, but most men LOVE them!)


Ritz Cracker recipes:

Put peanut butter between two crackers
Dip in chocolate
Let sit
These are yummy!

Melt Chocolate and add a tsp. of peppermint flavoring
Dip single cracker
Let sit
These taste like a thin mint Girl Scout cookie

I hope you enjoy these simple attempts at domesticity, and are having a good time throughout this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment