Tuesday, September 27, 2011

another update from the dr

Are these posts boring? They kind of are to me, but I am trying to chronicle what happens when and this is just as good a place as any! So, I had to have some blood work done last Tuesday, and right after I got home that afternoon, the Dr. called. My white blood cell count has dropped to 1100 (normal is 4800-10800). He put me on some new meds...another prednisone taper and Cellcept. Then a couple days later, they called to say that my platelets had dropped from 7.1 to 4.4 (normal is 15.0-45.0). Okay, then. Steve and Shea are a little more upset than I am only because they feel like the doc should be a bit more aggressive. I trust that he knows what he's doing. I go back in a couple of weeks and I guess we will see then the tactic he wants to take. I'm just praying that I don't get anymore infections or having adverse medicine reactions so that we can at least give this a chance to bring them up. What does one do without these things in their body? I don't know...............

1 comment:

  1. Count me among the concerned! Please take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete