Thursday, April 30, 2009

visits

I had the opportunity to go to Augusta yesterday to have lunch with my friend, Julie. You might remember her, she's the one with all of the MAN drama..........yep, that's what I said.....MAN drama! She makes me laugh and cringe (which is hard to do), and I love her. It was so nice to catch up because I haven't seen her since we went to the Biltmore in December. She's a busy woman these days, and it was nice that she made time for me.

As an additional suprise, I got to visit with some of my OLD (meaning I've known them a looooooooooooooooooong time, not that they are up in age) friends, Dean and Laraine. They are the type of friend who you may not talk to or see for months/years, and when you get together, the conversation is as though you talked just the other day. I just happened to catch them in town and not too terribly busy, so I was certainly the blessed one. (and very happy!)

Lastly, but not leastly, I saw Shea. She was in town meeting with her biological father and his wife for the first time.....EVER. She doesn't really have a relationship with him, but hopefully she is about to turn that around because while she doesn't need another parent, he is her blood. She needs to know for herself, what makes him tick and figure out just where she can fit into his life now that she is a grown-up and has the freedom to set up boundaries that make her feel safe. I hadn't seen her for a couple of months, and she looks amazing :)

So, all-in-all, a WONDERFUL trip/visit. I hope to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment