Thursday, November 11, 2010

veterans

Today we celebrated Veteran's Day at our school with a sweet little program where all of the kids had a chance to sing patriotic songs. Some of the kids had an available veteran to bring to the program, and they got to introduce them. We ended with a parade of veterans....all of the students lined the hallway waving flags while the guys walked through them. So, so sweet....kinda choked me up!

Our little town had a celebration as well which Luke and Steve took part in. The band was asked to come and play for the ceremony, and Steve had the privilege of participating as a veteran. I would love to have been there, but I just couldn't get away.

Today, I say thank you. Thank  you to those who serve now, and those whose service in the past has kept me free. My classes today watched a documentary on the Tuskegee Airmen who people thought weren't good enough to hold leadership positions because of the color of their skin. The story was very touching, and I am so proud that they were successful in spite of the circumstances.

I'm proud to be an American. I'm proud of our military, and I appreciate the efforts they and their families put into making our country strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment