Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the edge of divine

Sandi Patty's latest offering for our reading enjoyment is  The Edge of the Divine: Where Possibility Meets God's Faithfulness. 


The book focuses on Sandi's journey with her weight issues and her decision to have lap band surgery. The book allows the reader insight, sometimes too much, into her life to include her move and its effect on her family. I guess, for me, Sandi Patty has lost her luster.  I find her and this book a little self-indulgent. 


I hate to be completely negative, however, as she did share a battle that I am fighting as well. It's nice to have a book from a Christian's perspective about triggers and why we overeat. The book is one that I may turn to when I need a motivational pick-me-up. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who doesn't have a weight problem.


This book was provided by Thomas Nelson for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment